Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Pinterest Creation #3 - DIY Tshirt scarf



This Pinterest creation was a little harder and took a little more time than the first two, but I knew I could do it. This was I kind of threw together myself with a few ideas from Pinterest. There were some very easy and basic steps on Pinterest, so I followed those and kind of did my own thing, and came up with this very cute, trendy little scarf. All you need is an old cotton Tshirt (jersey cotton works better since it has a little more stretch to it), some sharp fabric scissors, and something to weight down the ends of the cut fabric (example: a book).

I cut the top of the shirt right below the sleeves and right above the hem on the bottom of the shirt. Then, I cut the shirt into strips about 1-1 1/2" thick. I got about 10 strips or so. Next, I cut the tshirt through one side of the shirt and cut the sewed part of the shirt off, this way I didn't see any of the sewn parts on the scarf. After that I stretched the tshirt until the fabric was long and pulled. Then, I gathered all of the strips and used my book to weight down one end of the strips. I then divided the strips into 3 and began braiding. I braided about 3/4 of the strips and then at the end I tied the top part of the strips and the bottom part together to make some of the strips dangle.

(My inspiration is listed below)

No comments:

Post a Comment